Book Auction

Mr. Collin Birdsey and his brothers have generously donated a copy of
"Aroids of Papua New Guinea" by Dr. Alistair Hay to the International Aroid
Society  This book is from the Library of their late father, Dr. Monroe R.
Birdsey.

The inscription in the inside reads "I certify that this book is from the
private collection of my father, Dr. Monroe  Birdsey. (signed) Collin K.
Birdsey 5/9/00"

This book is in good condition but shows the use that Dr. Birdsey gave it.
It is not in 'mint' condition.

The IAS expresses it's sincere appreciation to Collin and his brothers, Jim
and Marty.

This book will be auctioned at the next IAS meeting which will be dedicated
to the memory of Dr. Birdsey.

The auction will work in the following manor....  You may send me privately
(<plantnut@mcconnect.com>) your highest bid.  You will then be in
competition with the bidding that goes on at the meeting.  Example:  If the
highest bid on the floor is $50. and you have bid $100. and the bidding has
been in $5. increments, your bid of $55. will get the book.  This is just
an example and if you have questions, you may contact me.  Also, just
before the meeting, I will post the amount of the highest bid just in case
you wish to increase your bid.  Names will not be published.

This book is now a true 'Collectors Item'.

The funds generated will be devoted to the Sponsorship Fund which pays the
membership in the IAS of  Researchers from countries where the dollar
exchange rate puts a very large burden on the scientist.

So, send me *privately* your highest bid.... <plantnut@macconnect.com>.  Do
not hit the "Reply Button" to this message.  The Moderators will not
forward these messages.

Again, the IAS would like to express sincere appreciation to the Birdsey
Brothers for the donation of this book.
Dewey