Re: Variegated Amorphophallus??

It is entirely possible. If the leaf is variegated only on one side and this
species makes baby tubers I'd suggest marking the pot so you know what
region is most likely to have a variegated offspring. I'm developing
something interesting along those lines in another species - so it is possible.

At 09:56 PM 05/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I have what I believe is an Amorphophallus muelleri that has put up a
>variegated leaf. I don't believe I have heard anyone mention such an
>animal. Do I have a sick plant/tuber? Or is this something that happens
>once in a blue moon?
>Don Burns
>Fort Lauderdale FL    USA
>Zone 10b
Michael Marcotrigiano
Rm 211 French Hall
Dept of Plant and Soil Sciences
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003  USA
voice: 413-545-5227
fax: 413-545-3075 att: Michael Marcotrigiano
email: marcotrigiano@pssci.umass.edu