Re: THE TROPICAL RAIN FOREST COLLECTING TEAM DREAM

  • Subject: Re: THE TROPICAL RAIN FOREST COLLECTING TEAM DREAM
  • From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:04:55 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Dany and all!

Oh yes. If you like the Maranthaceae I strongly advise you to go to the
Americas... you can't imagine what I've seen in Costa Rica. It's a very easy
country to go, we had no problems at all, and I even collected a few living
plants that I brought to Portugal, aswell as many seeds (mainly Calatheas
and Heliconias).
Do you imagine forests of giant Calatheas and Heliconias... and the giant
Anthurium salvinii growing on the trees... and forests of giant
horsetails... and trees growing *under* the dense cover of epiphytic orchids
and bromeliads... all this and much more I've seen and touched.
But Costa Rica is an easy country. What I really want is to go to Papua New
Guinea. Has anyone gone there? Come on, share your Tropical Experiences!

Again concerning Tanzania - very nice, I will arrive right on the day of the
eclipse!
But what aroids should I look there in Tanzania? I have plenty of time!
Does Anchomanes giganteus grow there?

See you all,
Miguel