Query from colleague about Taro

I received this from a colleague on a research and education greenhoue
curators' listserve, and offered to forward it to this listserve, which I
was sure would be able to provide information and recommendations at the
very least. Please respond to his email, <cainda@lehman.cuny.edu>  (also
listed in his signature). TIA for your help.

Jonathan Ertelt

Hi everyone,

I'm working with a student and a researcher on Taro.  I grew 2 types in
our research greenhouse one was green and one was purple.  Unfortunately
we don't know what these cultivars are called Colocasia esculenta
"____"?  any ideas?

I am also looking for as many different cultivars as I can find to
propagate at my greenhouse for this project.  Can anyone send me small
corms or something that I can propagate from or suggest a source to
purchase them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lehman College Greenhouse
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West
Bronx, New York 10468
Phone: 718 960-8230
Fax:     718 960-8236

Jonathan Ertelt
Greenhouse Manager
Vanderbilt University Biology Department
Box 1812, Sta. B
Nashville, TN  37235
(615) 322-4054