titanum blooms

Today at 4pm our second Amorphophallus titanum has started opening. Ht. is
5'4" ( 163cm ).  already 7pm, the spathe is widely open, and the stench is
building in the room. I am doing a much lower-key media announcement this
go-around, but am open for visitors the next several days.  This one is
much more open, and has more striking coloration.  Will try to keep you
posted.     Doug

Doug Ewing, Greenhouse Manager (206) 543-0436
Department of Botany
University of Washington
Box 355325
Seattle, WA   98195-5325