Planting seedlings

  • Subject: Planting seedlings
  • From: Susan Cooper <coops@execpc.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:27:28 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,
(Especially Mr. Stinky, now taller than me!)

I received some Amorphophallus seedlings- about 8" (20cm) in height.  They
had their roots in moist paper toweling and were in plastic bags.  They
arrived pretty damaged- some had their tops "mushed" right off.

My question is:  Before planting, is there something I can do to help these
poor babies?
The tiny tubers (tuberettes??) were wet for a week- that can't be good for
them.

Would a captan or rootone dusting help before planting?  Or would that be
too toxic for the roots?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Susan