Re: Visit to PDN...

  • Subject: Re: Visit to PDN...
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:25:16 -0500 (CDT)

>and sons.  I'm not sure how long the bloom lasts, but it appears a few
>days from opening; perhaps I can pollinate it and get some seed...

Every year I think that my Dracunculus are "just about to open" and they
wait at least another week.  They seem to get to the point of looking like
they'll open and then wait for a week before doing it (perhaps they're just
a tease?).

So.... you may be home to see the flower open?

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!

P.S.  Please note the change in my email address.