Re: titanum blooms

  • Subject: Re: titanum blooms
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:53:42 -0500 (CDT)

How 'bout making some hybrids?
- the Mad Hybridist, maker of nightmares.

Douglas Ewing <dewing@u.washington.edu>@mobot.org on 05/09/2001 10:32:19 PM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
cc:

Julius, this is our second tuber to bloom. the first one was in July 1999.
I plan to send pollen to Fairchild with the hope it might produce seed
there. I will also refrigerate some for the future?????

thanks, Doug

_________________/\/\/\______________________

Doug Ewing, Greenhouse Manager (206) 543-0436
Department of Botany
University of Washington
Box 355325
Seattle, WA   98195-5325

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Julius Boos wrote:

> [...]
Craig
> at Fairchild, you could collect pollen (he could advise on freezing or
> cooling it, etc.) and get it to Craig and MAYBE we could get
> pollenation/seed on his 'Mr. Stinky'!!   Is this the second of THIS
year??
> If it is and you had kept pollen from the first, you could try
pollenating
> this second one!!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Julius
>
> >>Today at 4pm our second Amorphophallus titanum has started opening. Ht.
is