Re: IAS newsletter - online or in print?

  • Subject: Re: IAS newsletter - online or in print?
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:21:22 -0500 (CDT)

Ron,

Since the Newsletter is really only necessary for those who can't share
in Aroid-L, I
think your suggestion is a really good one.

>should we condense and consolidate the BEST which is in Aroid-L
quarterly and refine
>and balance the ideas and put it into a Newsletter

That way the non-computer people can share in Aroid-L's best information.

The "hort" articles that were in the newsletter can be directed to
'Aroideana' to broaden it's
scope.

We did this for a while at AEG using the best of Arisaema-L to do a
printed quarterly for the
non-computer AEG members. It worked ok, but there was not a great rush of
enthusiasm
from these folks. It's a chore to sit down and write a snail-mail letter.
The few responses
were quite positive.

Ray
GRSJr@Juno.com