Re: Here are my photos shared to you via clarkcolor.com.

  • Subject: Re: Here are my photos shared to you via clarkcolor.com.
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:56:42 -0500 (CDT)

I'll have to check out the Dragon Agro page if they have other clones for
sale. They're probably charging an arm and a leg too. The sunlight coming
through the glass ceiling of the Wintergarden at the World Financial Center
probably helped to contribute to the reddish sheen. At first impression in
actual encounter, it does appear black, and in a shady greenhouse or in the
jungle probably darker too. Sorry about all that gibberish Clark Photo Labs
(clarkcolor.com) put in there. I guess its the receivers way of accessing
the pics, but they didn't even give me credit.
Bonaventure W. Magrys

Betsy Feuerstein <ecuador@midsouth.rr.com>@mobot.org on 05/23/2001 12:49:47

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

This photograph does not show a very dark black spathe. Some of these are
redder in nature than others. Having seen many both here and in other
countries, there is a
great variance in color of the Colombian Black anthurium. I realize the
conditions under which this photo may have been taken may have distorted
the color of the
spathe. Also, under normal conditions the spadix is straight until
pollination is complete and seeds are set or flower is spent, at which time
it softens and nature
takes its course.

"clarkcolor.com" wrote:

> The Black Anthurium as grown and presented by Tito and Perla Wee of
Dragon-Agro Products in their display at the Greater New York Orchid
Society Show last month,
http://www.clarkcolor.com/ and login by entering an access code.