Re: Requem for Gonotopus bovinii?

  • Subject: Re: Requem for Gonotopus bovinii?
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:11:02 -0500 (CDT)

I have a good friend from the Kwa Zulu Natal area of South Africa . Last
year he was telling me about the potions made by the local 'witch doctors'
and the different ingredients used . Cycad seeds was one , and he thinks
that Gonotopus bovinii was being used also. He was worried that the plant
may become endangered , and was going to to try and set seed on some to
ensure its survival.