Re: Re: Re: GA3 in seed germination

  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: GA3 in seed germination
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:59:22 -0500 (CDT)

Let me beat the horse one more time,

If it cant be done, what do I do.....? Put a little in water, add some vodka or KOA and mix it up?

Doesnt the introduction of these other chemicals alter the effects of the GA itself?

I hate to keep asking these questions, but I have the stuff, and I just want to give it a go.  I would be willing to mix it with anything if it will work.

As a matter of fact, you guys are talking about mixing 1 gm / liter, and I was under the impression (based on something that I read) that the easiest way to go was to dip a toothpick about an 1/8 of an inch into the powder, dissolve (assuming that it could be done) into a cup of water and soaking the seeds in it for 24 hours.... Does this sound right?  I figure if I am going to do it, I would like to do it right.

Also Niles, there has been the talk about the pH, if I were to go the "KOA" route, how would I "right" the pH? Or is alcohol the easier way? Somebody just has to tell me what to do :)

aroid-l@mobot.org wrote:
> Not to beat a dead horse.

In my personal experience, I've never gotten GA to disolve in any amount of
water, certainly not at 1gm/liter.
I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I haven't been able to do it.

Nyles