Re: Re No spaths here

  • Subject: Re: Re No spaths here
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@NRAO.EDU>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:27:24 -0500 (CDT)

Well, Ron, I didn't have a Spath but after reading your posts I bought the
first one I saw at my local Lowe's.  So far, I haven't enjoyed any
noticeable scent from it.  I'd be interested in hearing some more on the
range of scents, colors, sizes, etc. in the genus---the page at aroid.org
is interesting but somewhat silent on this.  It does note the very unusual
distribution of the genus which is apparently discussed in a 1976
article in Selbyana by Williams and Dressler not in the U. Va. library here.
How did it come to be in Middle America and New Guinea/Philippines?  I should
go consult Deni's book...

Clear skies,