Re No spaths here

  • Subject: Re No spaths here
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:25:06 -0500 (CDT)

Michael & Sue

No Spaths!  Ridiculous! "THEY" will ALL be here, thank you!

Hurray now I begin to realise your problems!   Some of you are al fresco
phalloids, only in season briefly now and then and dormant between.   I
suppose when it all happens, even piano legs need to be skirted or
trousered.  And, Michael, judging by the Jungle picture, maybe is it not
safe for you to excite ladies in those shorts .  Be warned folks he may put
similar things on his "Alocasia-only" WEB SITE!  So, ladies please form a
calm queue at the gate of Why and Be'l.  My things are always in season in
Ireland and periods of unwelcome dormancy would devastating.  Please would
someone write definitive guidance for those stricken folks in the
confidential Members Newsletter?  ("My" chosen genus -  If you have it, the
answer is "No, I don't").  Michael, how little would it cost to phyto air
post rescue, otherwise un-missable samples of the not very many spaths from
your dried up river bed.  Do they have authentic names?  I am sorry to write
publically but I am trying to let other Members see how idealistically
sacrificial you are for the NewsEd who put your magnificent articlet in the
next issue.

Ron (Collector only of "THE" plants which, to avoid audience fatigue, shall
henceforth be called "THEM").  When you see postings of "THEM" on the Web,
there will be a queue for "THEM", but not for my legs.  Have you joined IAS
so that you more easily and far less expensively, get the plants you need?