Re: More on giberillic acid

  • Subject: Re: More on giberillic acid
  • From: Albert Huntington <balberth@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:33:08 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Folks,

--- Lester Kallus <lkallus@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions on where we non-professionals can purchase
> either the solution (ideally) or else some of the dry,
> difficult-to-dissolve powder?

  I got some gibberellic acid from J.L. Hudson, Star Route 2, Box 337 La Honda,
CA 94020, USA.  He'll sell 1000mg for $15.00 + $1.00 postage ( or 100mg for
$5.00 or 500mg for $10.00, same postage ) He mostly sells seeds.  I did some
experiments trying to use it to induce germination in old Tacca seeds ... with
somewhat questionable results.

  Additionally, Charley's Greenhouse Supply (http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com)
advertises "Super Plant Growth Hormone Spray with Gibberelic Acid"... 8oz for
$4.95, catalog #7121.  I have no idea if this does anything.

  Hope this helps.

--Albert

ps:  I have one spath... or at least the label claims such... one of those
$1.95 houseplants I picked up at the hardware store.  It's probably some sort
of S. wallisii cultivar, since it stays quite small and produces a few fragrant
blooms every year.  Wish I could find room for some of the nice bigger ones,
but the anthuriums seem to have taken over the greenhouse for now.

=====
Albert Huntington           San Jose, CA U.S.A.
           Visit my greenhouse at:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Jungle/1436