Re: More on giberillic acid

  • Subject: Re: More on giberillic acid
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:00:55 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Lester,

The powder form is available at chemical suppliers all over the place.

I purchased it from a local company.  They do however ship nationwide.  The phone is 954-327-0900.

A bit pricey though... about $25/gram.

aroid-l@mobot.org wrote:
> Back in college, I recall having attended a biology lecture where the
professor discussed his wife's successes with giberillic acid.  Interested
in doing the same, I purchased some giberillic acid solution, diluted it
according to instructions and sprayed it on my plants.  I have no idea what
the solution truly contained and can't recall the manufacturer.

I'm considering experimenting with initiating growth in hibernating tubers
by spraying with giberillic acid.  I read the discussions about the
difficulties of creating solutions of the compound and began to wonder if
the diluted solution is still available through any resource.

Does anyone have suggestions on where we non-professionals can purchase
either the solution (ideally) or else some of the dry,
difficult-to-dissolve powder?