Re: Zantedeschia - warm and wet

  • Subject: Re: Zantedeschia - warm and wet
  • From: "Celeste Whitlow" <politicalamazon@charter.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 00:20:03 -0500 (CDT)

I don't know if this is an issue in this instance, but from what I have
read, Australian soil is much lower in phosphorus than, for instance, the
Americas.  In fact, when we in the U.S. try to grow some of the Australian
natives, we have to be very careful not to give it any phosphorus whatsoever
and hope that our soil in our area is not too heavy in phosphorus (the
Proteus  family seems to be the most sensitive).

Of course, if you are growing it in a pot (unless you are using field soil
as part of your media mix), it's a moot point...

--Celeste