Seed dispersal

Last year and this year, an aroid seedling emerged in my front yard.  It is
unlike anything I grow, so it had to have been dispersed by local wildlife.
It emerged last April in a place beside my front sidewalk, went dormant
after a few weeks, and re-emerged this year.  It seems to be about the same
fragility this year; probably because poppies out-competed it while it was
newly-emerged.  It will be moved this year when it starts to go dormant to
somewhere I can better pamper it.

An arum italicum (I assume) was brought and thoughtfully planted under my
cherry tree last summer.  I think squirrels brought it.  Usually they just
take things away, so it is nice they are bringing me presents.  They also
brought me a new kind of colchicum last year.  The year before they brought
me sternbergia.  No, I won't consider shipping them to anyone else! LOL
Usually I would rather shoot the miserable thieves, but that is against the
law in this city.  No guns allowed.

Is it likely they are collecting the seeds of aroids?  They gather fruit and
nuts from a wide variety of things here, but I wouldn't have thought they
would enjoy aroid fruit!  Any thoughts?  Or possibly birds or insects
brought the seed.  Lousy place for it though.

Grove City OH zone 6