RE: Am. blooming

  • Subject: RE: Am. blooming
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:54:12 -0500 (CDT)

You know guys, you ain't gonna win this one. I have an active research programme with somebody at Kew who analyses the scent of Amorphs. If there is no scent on A. sumawongii, how come we have a perfect gaschromatographic graph for it, complete with oligomethyl-oligosulphides, that provide for the horrendous stench (comparable e.g. to bulbifer and muelleri) and a touch of anise scent (which I noticed) and turned up in the graphs as a small peak of 4-methoxyphenethylalcohol, other wise known as "anise oil".
Try to talk your way out of THAT one, you smarta...s !!!!!!!!!!
Lord P (with a BIG smile)