Re: Ulearum donburnsii

  • Subject: Re: Ulearum donburnsii
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein <ecuador@midsouth.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:59:27 -0500 (CDT)

Perhaps the difficulty is our definitions of  'quite small.' Or perhaps it is growing conditions in the wild. Or perhaps it is the use of fertilizer. I have not seen the specific plant you are referring to. I have many Ulearum Donburnsii growing in my greenhouse and I am using them as my reference along with my
experience in the field at the local it is known from. It is wonderful that the leaves on your plant are  bigger than those that I am aware of. Since we are talking of less than one inch, I might think it has a bit to do with individual leaves, and individual plants, and individual growing conditions, ....and
individual perceptions.

Betsy