Amorphophallus problem

  • Subject: Amorphophallus problem
  • From: LMassey628@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:18:43 -0500 (CDT)

I have the same problem with some of my Amorphophallus plants every year.  Some of them seem to get too tall and weak and the plant leans over and can't seem to hold its head up.  Does this mean that the plant needs more sun, or should the pot be wider, like a bulb pan so it can develop more horizontal roots and make it sturdier ?  I don't think the depth of the pot is the problem, in fact I think if I put the plants into larger pots (deeper and wider) it would increase the problem of too much moisture and encourage rotting.
Thanks for any advice.