Re: Shade cloth percentage

  • Subject: Re: Shade cloth percentage
  • From: "Clarence Hammer" <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:19:57 -0500 (CDT)

73% is the most common here I think, and was also in central Texas.
Sometimes that alone isn't enough,
depending on what you're growing.   Also, I have long ago gotten away from
the 'commercial' black color, as it transmits too much heat, altho you can
counter this by raising the cloth slightly above the greenhouse
cover.   3 mil PP -- this doesn't sound near thick and strong enough.  6 mil
is as thin as I go, and if not UV
treated even it will only last a few months here in full sun.  UV will last
3 to 5 years.

Russ.

>I'm wondering what percentage shade cloth people are using......

 cover  with 3mil PP or stand alone.