Fahrenheit vs. Celsius

  • Subject: Fahrenheit vs. Celsius
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:48:51 -0500 (CDT)

I suddenly looked again at what you wrote & found a possible error?  I am
used to working in degrees Celsius.   In UK on rare occasions temperatures
fell to minus 16C = about plus 3F.   You wrote your outside temperatures
fell to minus 20F = minus 29C.  If you meant 20F not minus 20F then your
temperature range is of course only 83F which is of the same order as UK but
about twice as much as mild West Cork Ireland.

Apart from that, the issue remains the same - How does one keep tropical
shade plants best in temperate regions with minimum fuel energy consumption
& shading however cold or too hot it may be outside the enclosed growing

Ron Iles