Philo's and wet feet

  • Subject: Philo's and wet feet
  • From: "Sheralee & Iain McGregor" <shez_iain@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:47:23 -0500 (CDT)

I have seen situations when philos(climbers&self headers)have grown roots
into nearby ponds and aquariums and change from seeking roots into feeding
roots .
I've grown philos with the pot standing in water with good results.
Finaly I see philos growing semi aquatic in Eliovson's book
on the gardens of Burle-marx.
The question is can some philos grow with the complete root zone underwater?