RE: unknown Amorphophallus plus Pseudodracontium

  • Subject: RE: unknown Amorphophallus plus Pseudodracontium
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:22:25 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Chandrit,

The Philippine Amorphophallus could be either Am. plicatus, although this
one is only known as an endemic from Sulawesi or it is an undescribed new
species close to it. A few decades ago a similar species was collected on
Mt. Makiling and probably a new species but the sole herbarium specimen was
destroyed by herbarium beetles. There is need for a second specimen to get
this one published.

The Pseudodracontium cannot be identified for sure without close-ups of the
naughty bits but its general appearance suggests P. lacourii.

The Typhonium on the page is indeed T. cordifolium.

I'll contact you privately for more details and questions.

Wilbert Hetterscheid