Re: Aquatic Spathiphyllum & other aroids

  • Subject: Re: Aquatic Spathiphyllum & other aroids
  • From: StellrJ@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:25:55 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated 05/24/2002 8:20:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time, roniles@eircom.net writes:

when you used to go to the Tropical Rain Forest did you notice how any species of the genus I like best were growing?!!!

In Costa Rica, I saw Spathiphyllum in the wild as a wetland plant at La Selva; it was emergent.  I saw some smaller ones being grown terrestrially in Parque de Espana in San Jose.  Unfortunately, when it comes to Spathiphyllum, I do not know one species from another.