Re: Aroids growing better in water?

  • Subject: Re: Aroids growing better in water?
  • From: "Plantsman" <plantsman@prodigy.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:57:53 -0500 (CDT)

My mother kept rooted cuttings of Philodendron oxycardium for many
years growing in nothing but water with an occasional addition of
liquid fertilizer.  She simply made the cutting and immersed the
base couple of nodes in jars of water and left them.  They usually
rooted readily and made very long vines.  I don't know what would
happen if you took an already terrestrially rooted plant and put it
in water.

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (zone 6)
Where the Arum italicum are just about finished flowering