Re: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 4/25/03 ? about the gigas

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 4/25/03 ? about the gigas
  • From: "Craig Allen" callen@fairchildgarden.org
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 17:04:57 -0400

The two tall Amorphophallus were A. gigas, the other giant species from Sumatra. The spadix were beginning to collapse, so I moved them far enough that if they did collapse, they couldn't hurt the titanums. They are still standing at the moment.

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road