[aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/5/03 #2 How strange, Audrey III is opening with no odor what so ever...

  • Subject: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/5/03 #2 How strange, Audrey III is opening with no odor what so ever...
  • From: "Craig Allen" callen@fairchildgarden.org
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:16:29 -0400

TitanWatch 5/5/03 #2   How strange, Audrey III is opening with no odor what so ever...

This is a first, Audrey III is approximately 30% open, and she is releasing no odor at all. It makes it far easier to get up close and look into the beautiful burgundy spathe. This opening was quite a surprise... 3 to 4 days before expected. Looking over my notes earlier today I realize I should expect the unexpected. Each blooming has been a little different.

Two and a half days, that is how long I expect it to be open. Come one, Come all, Come see the greatest natural show on earth!

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road