Re: [aroid-l] tubers vs. bulbs vs. corms

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] tubers vs. bulbs vs. corms
  • From: "Mitch ." iamwhatiam52@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 10:40:37 -0400

What is a corm?

Should I call my Amorphophallus Konjac growing out of a bulb or tuber? What
is the difference? Is it just that a tuber may be shaped different than a
Bulbs are made up of layers or scales. Good example, an onion.

Tuber is probably most appropriate, being defined as "A short, thick, usually, but not always subterranean stem or branch bearing buds or 'eyes' and serving as a storage organ, as in the potato..." (Hortus III)