Re: [aroid-l] edible rhizomes

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] edible rhizomes
  • From: "Chanrit Sinhabaedya" siamanthus@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 17:23:31 +0000

Here in Thailand we used corms/tubers/rhyzome of various group of plants for cooking.

Apart from aroids, we also use flour from Tacca leontopetaloides corms for making dessert, tubers of Dioscorea hispida is sometimes used for carbohydrate food instead of rice, and rhizome of many gingers are essential seasoning ingredient for many thai-dish such as Zingiber officinale, Boesenbergia rotunda, Alpinia galanga or even Kaempferia galanga.

Chanrit Sinhabaedya
Bangkok, Thailand.