Re: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/13/03 1:30 AM a wild Stinkathon

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/13/03 1:30 AM a wild Stinkathon
  • From: hermine hermine@endangeredspecies.com
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:34:55 -0700

At 02:02 AM 05/13/2003 -0400, Craig Allen wrote:

Heading home now. Just want to let anyone that stayed up all night watching the pollination know how much fun we had. There were about 15-20 people that stayed until about 10:30 PM, but there were an intrepid few (maybe 8-10) that stayed until 1:30 in the morning. That included a Miami Herald reporter who had a blast... well a wild Stinkathon. We popped the Champaign at 1 AM to celebrate my carrion beetle act.

OH I HOPE IT WAS A LOUIS ROEDERER CRISTAL BRUT from a vintage year! i hope it was not a bulk process or methode charmat champagne! I hope the bottle was opened appropriately so that foam did not spew all over the place like in those locker rooms after some football team wins something!

this is too exciting, i must lie down now.

you might like to know that various groups of people, like performance artists, have been reading about this botanical wonder, and cannot believe it! i have not blown my cover and told them about the birds, bees, dung beetles and other wonders of the natural world, i have in fact said NOTHING to let on that this kind of thing is part of my "other" life. but it has been closely monitored by a large number of people outside of our botanical world.

hermine
---