RE: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus identification

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus identification
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:06:24 +0200

You can send the pix to me at hetter@xs4all.nl and I'll try.
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]Namens LMassey628@aol.com
Verzonden: woensdag 25 mei 2005 3:25
Aan: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Onderwerp: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus identification

Yesterday afternoon I discovered a bloom on one of my Amorphophallus plants that has never bloomed before.  I "nosed" it out while hoping that someone hadn't died under my house.
The bad news for me is that the name tag must have been taken by one of the local birds.
Is there any place where I can post a photo or two and maybe someone can identify it for me ?
After looking through the Amorphophallus issue of Aroideana I think it is A. eichleri.  It has one of those wide bowl shaped spathes like eichleri.  This morning the spathe was a beautiful chartreuse yellow/green and the spadix seemed white.  Now at sunset the spathe seems to be fading to white and the spadix looks pinkish.  Anyway it is very beautiful to me and I would like to have a proper name on it.  Thanks.
Aroid-l mailing list