Re: [Aroid-l] Titanic Miracle in the Making

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Titanic Miracle in the Making
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 08:18:29 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2006 8:33:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hetter@xs4all.nl writes:
Try it this morning.   What a spectacular sight.  At Fairchild we will have our blooming of Audrey III (Amorphophallus titanum) in perhaps a week.  The Garden will be installing the webcam shortly.  While ours is not a 3-headed Hydra, this is Audrey III, 2nd blooming in 3 years.  Our plant is named after Audrey 2 (named after Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors).  In May of 2003, Actors' Playhouse in Coral Gables was producing the pre-Broadway run of Little Shop of Horrors and at the same time, our plant was coming into flower -- hence the name.  Stay tuned for the adventures of Audrey III at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden.
Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, Florida
Aroid-l mailing list