Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" steve@exoticrainforest.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:41:50 -0500

P. glaucophyllum is definately a recognized specie.  I bought mine from a grower in Hawaii who had her plant identified by a recognized botanist (name well known to most people on this site, I just won't use it without his permission).  You can read my description of the plant on my website at:
I've found the plant easy to grow and easy to take cuttings as well.  There is also a similar plant which is not the same specie but looks an aweful lot like P. glaucophyllum.  That plant is P. elongatum and can also be found on my website.
Enjoy either!
Steve Lucas