Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" steve@exoticrainforest.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:28:52 -0500

Well, I stand corrected.  That's what I get for believing "reliable sources".  I contacted Dr. Tom Croat today regarding this plant and my desription this is his reply:  "Steve:  There is no such a thing as Philodendron glaucophyllum.  That was a made up but unpublished name for P. hastatum Engler, a species from the area of Rio de Janiero."

Tom

We are in the process of correcting our listing on my website regarding this plant right now.

Steve Lucas