Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum
  • From: "Bluesea" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:57:01 -0400

So obviously the silver leaved Philodendron in the picture and which we are discussing is not P. hastatum.  Perhaps simply for ease of discussion, could we call this
plant P. glaucophyllum Hort, since it is already known by that name in 'the trade'.

Russ
central Fla
There is no such a thing as Philodendron glaucophyllum.  That was a made up but unpublished name for P. hastatum Engler, a species from the area of Rio de Janiero."

Tom

We are in the process of correcting our listing on my website regarding this plant right now. Steve Lucas