Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron glaucophyllum
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:06:43 +0000

Dear all,

Philodendron hastatum is also bluish in nature, mainly when they are young. Most individuals are less bluish when they are flowering adult individuals, but I have seen adult P. hastatum in the nature with completely bluish leaves. No need for a new name, mainly considering that it is the normal wild pattern. Adding a new superfluous name will only make people sell the same thing with a new price, unless we have plain green P. hastatum available.

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia