Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID?
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:33:34 +0000

From : 	Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
Sent : Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:41 AM
To : "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>

Dear All,

I agree w/ Russ, the question we need an answer to concerns it either being a vining OR a self-heading species. I too questioned the ID as being P. xanadu "showboat' as I THOUGHT I saw a vining Philodendron, not a 'self-header' in the original photo. (I have deleted the original e-mail w/ the querry, as I am not good at I.D.`ing vining Philos.).
Dr. Croat, any ideas?

Julius

<<
Steve, is this a self-heading, semi self-heading or vining Philodendron??? If it's vining, I think it could be P. mayoii. The reddish parts of the leaf are typical of
mayoii. We really need to know the growth habit of this Philo to make an attempt at an ID.

Russ
central Fla<<