Re: [Aroid-l] ID please

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] ID please
  • From: "Bluesea" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:46:51 -0400

James, I noticed the dark leaved Alocasia in the photo behind the Caladium you asked about. What are you calling that plant? I have grown it a long
time and have seen various names for it. I know it as A. plumbea, but I've seen it listed as a 'Dark Form' of plumbea since there seems to be a very similar plant
in size, shape and habit with olivey green leaf, metallic light lavender color on reverse, and light tan petiole with brown specks. The latter for me is much faster and hardier than the dark form. Perhaps this is not a plumbea???

Does anyone know the name of the light form of Alocasia I describe, if it is not in fact a 'Light Form' of plumbea??

central Fla
Aroid-l mailing list