Re: [Aroid-l] Somewhat OT: non-aroid plant articles

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Somewhat OT: non-aroid plant articles
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" steve@exoticrainforest.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:37:03 -0500

I've got a request from a lady who has been sending me emails to help find an ID for this plant. Looks like a Syngonium to me and Steve Marak but thought I'd try to give her a better ID than that if possible. This is her description:

"The leaf is thin and the white part seams to dry out and turn brown. The normal leaf size is 4-6 inches, but as it grows it seems to get larger. It will grow just like the pothos, along the ground or climbing. The leaves mainly stay the same unless I put fertilizer in the pot and then the leaves will be different. If I give it only watered down fertilizer it stays the same, half white half green. It doesn't like direct light and the white will burn. "

Thanks for any help.

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com