Re: [Aroid-l] arums + arisaema triphyllum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] arums + arisaema triphyllum
  • From: "Agoston Janos" <agoston.janos@citromail.hu>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:51:14 +0200

Dear Peter,

Thank you for the explanation. For A. orientale I did not nosed any difference.
The A. rupicola has came also as Dracunculus vulgaris. You also helped me identifying A. dioscorides, which came also from the same source as Dracunculus. Maybe a 3rd Arum shows up, cause I have 3 Arum tubers...

I would like to ask you if it is possible, that these Arums do not flower because of serious cold weathers? I have these tubers for 3 years now, and this winters weather was very mild. We have had only -10°C. They haven't bloomed yet, but tubers were big (compared to A. maculatum...) and usally a tuber had 3 or 4 leaves. Is this possible?

Thank you for the ID!
Bye,
Jani