[Aroid-l] FW: Philo. sps. seeds, S. Amer. Co.

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] FW: Philo. sps. seeds, S. Amer. Co.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 09:20:29 +0000

Dear Friends,

Below is a note and appeal from one of our serious researchers who used the seeds sent up to him by the S.A American Co. a few years ago. As we have been discussing, MANY of these seeed MUST have been mislabled by the Company that sold them, as the "self-heading" Philodendron sps. which belong to the special group Meconostigma seem to have all grown out to be Philo. bipinnatifidium ("selloum" in the commercial U.S. trade). As Vic says, he shared some seed from each packet with a grower, so what I am trying to determine is exactly WHO these people were, and if any of the seed labled with the names Vic gives (below) germinated and grew, and what the plants from a labeled packet might have turned out to be. Several Philodendrons on the list given by Vic are vine-types (not 'self-heading'), and I know that at least a few grew to be vines, but who knows their true identity! I know at this stage that we are probably trying to make 'chicken soup out of BAD chicken poop', but let`s see if anyone can add some information and so help Vic with his research.

The Best,

Good Growing,