Re: Philodendron recurvifolium Schott

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron recurvifolium Schott
  • From: "anna haigh" <anabaena@london.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 03:53:54 -0500

Dear Steve,

There is some information on the CATE site, www.cate-araceae.org, translated from the latin into English, from Krause,  in Das Pflanzenreich, 1913.
It is brief but may be of some help.

All the best,
Anna

----- Original Message -----
From: ExoticRainforest
To: "Discussion of aroids"
Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron recurvifolium Schott
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 18:44:35 -0500

Hey guys, I need some info on Philodendron recurvifolium Schott.

About all I've been able to learn is it is endemic to the Bahia region of Brazil, grows to approximately 20.5 cm (8 inches) in length, has an elongated cordate blade and the lateral leaf veins are relatively inconspicuous on the adaxial (upper) surface.  I also understand the internodes are unusually long.  If the plant I have is truly Philodendron recurvifolium Schott it has a purplish tint on the blade margin.

I've been growing it in moderate shade and the growth is slow.  I'm wondering if this species prefers brighter light?

Anything you can share including habitat and info on the inflorescence would be much appreciated.  Adult blade photos would also be helpful since I'd like to add this species to my website.

Thanks!

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

--