Re: Heteroblasty--Peter Boyce.

  • Subject: Re: Heteroblasty--Peter Boyce.
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:20:19 +0200

Hello Julius,
Not only Syngonium species are heteroblastic, you can observe it in many species of Philodendron and tuberous aroids where adult leaves are different from the juvenile ones.
For example see my Syngonium (I still don't know what species may it be, most people suggest this is a cultivar of S. podophyllum, but it can be also S. hoffmanni - its juvenile leaves are sagittate and white-veined, the adult ones are 3-lobed with 2 small posterior lobes ("ears"), but never they are 5 or more lobed like in a typical S. podophyllum)
Marek Argent