  • Subject: Re: Philodendron "SCHÖNBRUNNER HYBRID"
  • From: Helmut Reisenberger <gartenbaureisenberger@web.de>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 11:14:50 +0200

Hello Ferenc, Hi all !

thanks for your contribution to the identification. You make me sure it is a Syngonium. But what makes this species never to develop adult leaves, which are characteritic for the species?  I have grown some plants (which easily grow from rooted cuttings) to some meters high under rainforest conditions (substrate, climbing support, temperature, humidity). The stem of some are more than 4 cm thick and the leaves are, still in the heartshaped manner, more than 70 cm long. They never produced any inflorescense (how could they?).
Maybe anybody out there in the araceae crowd can offer an adult species of Syngonium macrophyllum (preferably in Europe)?
I would like to cut an adult plant up to root the cuttings and to see what happens.

g.gr.  Helmut Reisenberger