Amorphophallus Tubers from Thailand

  • Subject: Amorphophallus Tubers from Thailand
  • From: Ron Kaufmann <kaufmann@sandiego.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:52:40 -0700

Hi All,

     I just received some Amorphophallus tubers from a Thai nursery and
have more than I really need or have space to grow.  These tubers came
originally from limestone cliffs in the Umphang district of Tak province
in western Thailand near the Myanmar border, an area not commonly
visited by Amorphophallus collectors.  These tubers have not yet been
identified, so I can't tell you what species they are.  In fact, it's
likely that the group of tubers I have includes more than one species.
Some of the tubers in the Thai nursery have leafed out already, and I've
been told that the plants display a range of leaf shapes and petiole
patterns.  These tubers are 2-3 inches long and very slender, a typical
shape for Amorphophallus aberrans, A. harmandii, A. linearis and several
other species from this region.

     I have tubers from five different collection sites.  If you're
interested, please contact me off-list at rskusd@gmail.com.

Ron Kaufmann

Aroid-L mailing list