Re: Weevils

Jason, and others,

I have seen aphids infecting Lemna minor, but never weevils. I wonder
about the nutrient content of duckweeds. Perhaps there are vitamins or
soluble sugars in Lemna tissue. If weevils and aphids like them it
could mean that harvesting these abundant plants could provide food
for herbivores. It would be sort of like a solar power gathering
device. Do others have any ideas?

Ted Held.