Re: Weevils

  • Subject: Re: Weevils
  • From: George Yao <geoyao@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 11:38:55 +0800

Ted,

Duck loves duckweeds and some fishes also. It is eaten in Thailand, but I think that is a Wolffia.

George Yao
Metro-Manila
Philippines

On 05/25/11, at 2:05 AM, Theodore Held wrote:

Jason, and others,

I have seen aphids infecting Lemna minor, but never weevils. I wonder
about the nutrient content of duckweeds. Perhaps there are vitamins or
soluble sugars in Lemna tissue. If weevils and aphids like them it
could mean that harvesting these abundant plants could provide food
for herbivores. It would be sort of like a solar power gathering
device. Do others have any ideas?

Ted Held.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Jason Hernandez