Re: Pinellia tripartita seeds

  • Subject: Re: Pinellia tripartita seeds
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:29:46 -0500

Hi Derek,

If the fruit of P. tripartita is anything like its cousin, P. pedatisecta (a
real thug in my SE Wisconsin garden - must be like 150% germination rate!)
the berries never develop any color - just become a lighter shade of green.

I think I have ONE tripartita, but it has shown little if any inclination to
spread.  I'd be glad to try some seed, tho.  I'll send you me snail mail
address off list.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin